Wednesday 26 October 2016

Such a child! (Halloween!)

Halloween is upon us again! I simultaneously love and hate the season, I think it’s because I’m still a child mentally but clubbed with being a complete and utter wimp.

As a child/teenager my cousins Scott, Lee & Terry thought it was hilarious to scare the crap out of me by making me watch Thriller and Halloween on VHS, then whacking the lamp shades from the top bunks when we had sleepovers – bastards!

The trouble is I never grew out of that fear and I will not watch horror films I’ve never seen before (I’ll watch Halloween, 28 Days Later, Nightmare on Elms Street because I’ve seen them and I know what’s coming!) which is annoying for Mike, but the trouble is; I’m my own worst enemy, I’ll watch YouTube Videos on Planet Dolan and get fully engrossed in those cheesy (probably faked!) ghost investigation programmes on TV, then I have to sleep with the lights on and ignore the need to pee until morning – such.a.child!

On the flipside I love playing dress up with my Nieces and Nephews, Halloween related crafts, trick or treaters visiting, carving pumpkins (also roasting the pumpkin seeds and baking pumpkin pies – one must get their moneys worth!) and nights out – of course!

Yesterday I made Halloween lanterns with two of my Nieces and two of my Nephews who are 12, 8, 6 and 2 I made the whole project easy enough for all ages and I believe I had more fun than the children!

Halloween Lanterns

You’ll need
  • Clean and Clear Jars
  • PVA Glue
  • Poster Paints
  • Glitter
  • Halloween decorations of your choice
  • String 
  • LED tea lights

Method

  1. Mix 2 parts of PVA to 1 part poster paint for each colour.
  2. Use these paint mixtures to paint your jars, the PVA will make the colours opaque so the tea lights can shine through.
  3. We decorated ours with fake blood, glitter and cut black paper cut into Halloween themed shapes on our Cricut machine and stuck them all to the outside with more PVA.
  4. Drill holes into the lid of each jar and feed the string through them as handles.
  5. Leave your jar to dry then pop in your LED tea light and pop on the lid!

Until Next Wednesday
L xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting. Should you wish to contact me privately e-mail Lynsey_Ellard@hotmail.com