Tuesday 1 March 2011

Suffolk days 1 & 2

Let your friends know about my competition posted below!!

So it turns out, I have internet at Center Parcs! I didn’t think it would work amongst the trees. I’m in Suffolk with some friends and ironically the person with the iphone is the only one without signal, now logically I know that’s her network not so much the phone, but it still carries on my dislike of Apple Products lol!

Anyway, I’m here for 5 days and on day two I’m impressed! We got here Monday afternoon, after loving the park but hating the old accommodation my friends booked Center Parcs new build cabins. From the outside they look plain and uninteresting but inside there is a large living area with a big brown and orange sofa and furnishings (not in a 70’s brown and orange fashion) large flat screen television, dining table for 8 people and a contemporary kitchen, stocked with all the essentials to stay in and cook.

We have a party of 5 adults, two toddlers and a new baby, so luckily there’s 4 bedrooms here (two doubles and two single rooms with two beds in each) and a full bathroom with bath and shower, another shower room plus another loo! I am lucky/cheeky enough to have my own room; so on one bed is all my crap, and I sleep on the other – when it’s not being attacked by the two year olds!
The two year old attack!
Yesterday night we ventured into the communal entertainment and shopping complex. Complex is exactly what it is, there is so much to do here, and I believe just about everyone is catered for. There are numerous kids clubs, entertainment and play areas from 3 months old and upwards – adorably named the Bumblebee’s, Crickets and Dragonflies.
One of many kids clubs
There is a full spa with 15 experience rooms ranging from an ice fountain, a Japanese Salt Steam bath and a Turkish Hammam. Tomorrow evening I’ll be visiting the spa for a taster evening within these rooms, although there are many treatments available to refresh, revitalise and renew. Had I had the funds (I lost them all in OZ) I would have opted for a Elemis Modern Skin Facial, a Skin and body detox finished off with a Swedish Body massage – something for next time I feel!

There’s an onsite supermarket and various other clothing, souvenir and sporting shops although I would highly recommend bringing all the food and equipment you can, it’s so expensive that even the three aisled sweet shop prices made me wince!

As it is famed for, Center Parcs has tons of sporting activities and entertainment, there’s huge pool with designated children’s areas with slides, water shutes, and a wave pool. We spent today’s afternoon in the pool, which the kids loved, and fell asleep soon after. Even now as I type; 5 hours later I have yet to recover – agony!

Wicked pool!
Also on offer are dancing lessons, aerobics, zip wires, quad biking, paintballing, woodland tours, cycling, archery, windsurfing, kayaking, fishing, tennis courts just to name a few of many!

Once you’ve worked up your appetite and you’re too tired to even bother to cook there are loads of restaurants that serve at various times a day, there’s a gastro pub, an Indian, an Italian, a pancake house and even a Starbucks amongst others, so you won’t starve or find lack of choice a problem.

Referring back to the park catering for all there’s wheelchair and Scooter hire service (I bought my GoGo) babysitting, hair dressers, gym, a medical centre and onsite security so you literally do not have to leave the place until your home time!

Tomorrow I don’t plan on doing much more than floating in the pool and visiting the steam rooms, I am too spoilt sometimes I know! My luck will surely run out very soon, I promise to get back to the real world next week!

L x

1 comment:

  1. Centre Parks still beats hands down anyother British holiday centre. Facial followed by Swedish massage... sounds soooo good... :-p!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting. Should you wish to contact me privately e-mail Lynsey_Ellard@hotmail.com